Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{twenty eight month recap} **double sigh**

Yesterday, my baby girl was 28 months old. Time is going by waaaaay too fast. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital, and now... **sigh**.




Baby girl comfortably wears a 2T and a size 6 or 7 shoe (depending on the brand). She has a very normal sized torso. However - jeans... I put just bought her 4T - and I didn't cuff them. She is all leg right now. Her favorite foods are macaroni & cheese, gogurts and ala cheeseburgers (doesn't the ala make it sound better). But if we would let her she would be happy to eat chocolate 24/7.   We are constantly being told how well she talks for her age, and we must agree.   She LOVES anything a litle boy should love, but yet loves all girly things too.   She loves to  watch baseball with daddy, and the occasional fight.  I laughed the other night when Rob was flipping through channels and she said, "oh are we gonna watch the fights".  **sigh**  

**knock on wood - better yet, BANG ON WOOD** For the last couple of weeks she has done VERY WELL going potty in the big girl toilet. She wears panties now, and a diaper for sleeping. She has just started getting into the princess thing... she LOVES to watch Belle. Her favorite toy is still her babies. This past weekend I sat and watched her put her baby in time out for hitting, her stuffed "moose". Her babies have to sleep in her bed. However, she doesn't. She likes to sleep in our bed, head on mommy's tummy, feet on daddy.

The other night Rob came and laid down in bed on his tummy. She freaked out. When he finally obliged and rolled over she instantly became happy and went in for a cuddle. She LOVES to "cuddle us".

This past Friday night. We put her to bed, in her bed. I heard Rob start laughing and he nudged me and pointed to our door. Baby girl was slowly walking into our room with a blanket over her head. She walked into our chair and started laughing. Good way to sneak into our bed if you ask me.

Last night I was busy working on her Halloween costume. She was happy as pie playing with a squirt bottle and rag. She told me she needed to go potty. I ran upstairs - as she finished her conversation with herself. "I'm done, I'm done. I swear to god". She repeated this 3 times. I was stunned. The occasional swear word she has repeated. BUT this? Where has my baby gone!?! We had a little chat about not saying that ever again... ugh. **sigh**

We were back down stairs and she is again talking to herself... "hello gorgeous". At this point mommy just needs to take pill and go to sleep.



THEN we are upstairs getting ready for bed. Addison is comfortable in my bed... I take a second to tinkle, and **double sigh**, there is no tp left on the roll. I ask her to get mommy some tissue. She all too happy obliged. She came into the door way with a roll, and hands me two squares. She said, "here sweetie, this is all you need". Pay backs are a bitch.

{yuck}  but she loves them, and actually cried when we made her put it down.



xoxo, bree

1 comment:

sourfleed said...

It gives me the willies to see Addie playing with snakes. Seriously. I. hate. SNAKES. All grown up - she's getting so big!! Cute stories!