I saw the Ring Bling Link Up, and just knew it was my cup of tea. I LOVE diamonds; but what girl doesn't, right? And I have never told my engagement story on my blog...
even though it was many moons ago!
How we met is something I am going to save for Valentine’s Day.
So stay tuned...
Like I said many, many moons ago... like December 2001. Rob came with me to my family Christmas party. Like my whole family. We are talking 50 + people. It was the normal kind of Christmas party, with a Santa and all. Santa called each of the little kids up, one by one. THEN Santa called me up.
I sat on his lap, and he handed me a little box.
I opened that little box, which held the ugliest wedding band EVER. Complete with a missing diamond. Turns out my ENTIRE family was in on it. They kept telling me how pretty it was.
Rob said it was his mom's ring.... Honestly I was in shock.
Really? Who in the hell does this?
I wanted the joke to be over... but it kept going.
He then gave me my real ring.
After he learned just what a spoiled brat I can be. Come to find out, Rob and his mom hit up the local thrift store to find the ugliest ring they could find.
When they saw one minus a diamond they knew it was the one. And .75 later, he had a ring.
**I promise I will dig the ring he gave me out of a box to show you all. It was awful, ladies. Awful.**
We were married in 2003.
{I LOVE my ring.}
xoxo, bree
2 comments:
I can't believe that I never heard this story. With him having Santa give you a ring..that might have been foreshadowing the Christmas festivities that you were soon to encounter!
Gorgeous ring! And love the story bahahaha. Seriously though, you HAVE to dig up that awful looking ring. It sounds hilarious! lol. Had to comment when I saw this under your "popular posts" section ;)
Post a Comment