Tuesday, November 22, 2011

{weekend recap and deep breathing}

This past weekend I was all amped up.  I BLAME PINTREST.   I wanted to organize, decorate, clean, cook... and do it in two days.

Saturday I asked Rob to bring the tree out of storage.   He did.  And there is sat in the box until Sunday.   I decided to paint.   I have been wanting to do it for awhile.   So I headed to Wally World (aka Walmart......., i know, i know but it's 2 min from my house).   I decided on the color - open sesame.    I was going to get this red wall covered and it was only going to take me 2 hours in my head, as it was now 1 pm.   I finished at 1am.   But it's done.   I LOVE it.   It is a huge change.   I love the contrast with my white shutters.   Try to see past the sparse decor, since my decorations where taken down to be replaced with Christmas.  It's almost exhausting how much pinterest projects.   I NEED and WANT to get done.    

Before:

After:

This was going on outside while we I was busy.

My "sweet" helper.  Offering all kinds of moral support.   She thought she scored when no one was watching her down her "chocolates".    Mommy was just too busy, lol.   *mother of the year*

Before:   *pictures stink, sorry*


After:  ** and so NOT decorated**

I did this last night..... I don't know.   It isn't floating my boat - stay tuned.

{Deep breaths.....}

oh ya.... and I made this.
I wanted to TRY this out - see if it was Christmas morning worthy.    It twas..... but plain old syrup I would suggest.   The icing was waaaaay to much.    You can find the recipe, here.
Again... blame Pinterest.

AFTER the holidays - I am going to attempt painting the cabinets.  I'm thinking dark and then distressing them. 
My inspiration can be found HERE.
**update**  

This made me laugh....  Raven's post.  And who would of thunk... A pintervention party.  LINK up my fellow Pinners! - so now I must join a "pintervention".




BEAN/MCCALLS



xoxo, bree

6 comments:

nicole. said...

holy smokes you put my ONE pitiful treat baking pin to shame with all your business.

i love a good challenge ;)

so glad you joined in. eeeek. gear up for week 2.

the best part for me is to hear if those pins actually say what they do.... im making that dish.... with syrup :)

Heather said...

I second Nicole! Um, WOW!! I scrambled to get my one VERY easy pin made for the pintervention party...and my god woman...you painted...an entire room...AND baked. Color me impressed! By the way, LOVE the new color...gorgeous! So is your little chocolate stealer.

Rachel Lovato said...

I love the new paint. You are such a cute decorator...I love the framed snowflake thingies. You are so amazing, seriously.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

WOW!!! I get those bursts of energy too... I'm hoping to get one of those bursts this weekend!

LOVE the red and I don't know, I'm liking the snowflakes in the frames. :o)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

sourfleed said...

1, good freaking work on the painting.
2, I still hate you for showing me the baked french toast recipe. (which I plan to make this weekend.)

stephanie said...

I LOVE your ambition!! so impressed- and even more motivated! thanks for linking up :)