Monday, November 14, 2011

loooooooooong weekend.

{THANK YOU}
First of all THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to all the men and women who have served this great country.   Some have made the ultimate sacrifice along with there families... {Hero's}    To think of all the spouses out there that sacrifice by not having there spouse or Daddy or Mommy there for everyday things and gone for great lengths of time, all so that we can have the freedoms that we have and take forgranted.   Sincerely from the bottom of my heart.   THANK YOU.

11/11/11 = Bunco at my house.
I made the BEST, white corn chili {thanks to Kirby}.  Serioulsy. 

WHITE CORN CHILI:
   2 cans great northern beans
1 ½ cup chicken broth
1 chicken bullion cube
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1 ½ tsp Cumin
1 ½ tsp Oregano
¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
1 med onion – chopped
2 cans white corn
2 cups grated jack cheese
16 oz sour cream
**************
Sauté onions in butter or oil.
Add spices and seasonings.
Add all other ingredients (except for cheese and sour cream).
Simmer 20 min.
Add cheese and sour cream.
Cook thoroughly. DO NOT BOIL.
IT was sooooo yummy!

AND the best little pumkin pie in a jar recipe.... find it here.  OMGosh it was good!  Bunco has been so much fun.  Sometimes I don't know if the girls are laughing at me or with me...  **cheers ;)**

{blush...}
I LOVE to take pictures.   I can't explain it.   I LOVE learning about photography.  I don't know that I have ever been so pationate about anything in my life.  I love that my mood can be so easily can be explained in my pictures.   I can't tell you how many nightmares I have had - that I am going somewhere amazing {Fiji, was one} and I didn't have my camera... so off the boat I jumped.  But what I really love is when someone really LOVES my pictures.   Hailey wrote and awesome spotlight on me on her AWESOME blog - you MUST check out her furniture, HERE.   And my sweet friend Rachel wrote another one HERE.    Thank you ladies...

Please let me know if you are interested in some pictures. 
  I would LOVE to capture some sweet moments for you and your family!


{Helping daddy with lights... in the SNOW.}

This weekend was also a busy one... Rob is in Christmas light hell heaven.  Our house has already been Griswaldified.    Now for the inside....  I love Christmas too, don't get me wrong.   Rob just likes to be THAT house ;). 
{AND we cleaned out the play room.  No more baby-ish toys =(}


{...........and now there is room for more toys.}

xoxo, bree

No comments: