Thursday, July 14, 2011

this mommy caved

Addison has been, to put it nicely... a shit MONSTER lately. I am pretty sure the terrible two's have hit. In fact we actually got a Dr's diagnosis of just that, she's two.
This past weekend she had a little bug and threw up in her bed at midnight. So I did what all good mothers do, I cuddled her in our bed. The next night... she expected the same. So I let her. Now come bedtime, we have a full blown master manipulating monster. We hear things in the monitor like, "Daddy I want to cuddle you", "mommy please help me", "mommy I want you".
Seriously, last night it got so bad, I had to go on another ice cream run. I had to leave Rob all by his lonesome while I hit up Artic Circle. But in hind sight it was better than beating my head against the wall.
So yesterday my sweet man took her into the Dr. He told her about the whinning, the tantrums, her lack of eating, and the shit monster she becomes at bedtime. He checked her ears, mouth, and all other things that a Dr checks and diagnosed her with being TWO. Serioulsy, not a raging ear infection!?! My daughter is a two year old shit monster. For the love of all things sweet and beautiful, WHY!
{I know, I know things could be so much worse, but this is my blog - and I can cry if I want to}.
The Dr. told us we needed to put her back in her bed, and let her work it out. We did... We cuddled her and then did the deed, we put her in her bed. She cried for almost an hour. An hour... And I want to make sure that she doesn't fall or hurt herself in her "cute little tantrum" so I am glued to the monitor, for an
HOUR. We snuck in there about 11:00 and found her cuddled in her chair. I carefully put her back in bed, but not carefully enough. As soon as I closed the door, the monster awoke. 30 more minutes of a "cute little tantrum".
Finally asleep.
3:24 this morning... bloody murder screaming.
I went in her room, she got out of bed grabbed my hand and calmy said she wanted to "cuddle daddy".
So hand in hand we went to cuddle daddy. I have probably ruined her for life.

On a happier note, some pictures I took on the long way home from my mom's this weekend.



1 comment:

*Katie* said...

I am giggling right now. I ought to be sympathizing, but I am not. Because monday, Abbie had a 'cute little tantrum' for THREE hours. So remember how cute the two year old tantrums are, because they OUTGROW THEIR CUTENESS!! And it's no longer 'I want to cuddle you', it turns into I WILL NEVER LOVE YOU AGAIN, and I will hate you until I'm THIRTY SEVEN! You're a great mom, Bree! And she's a doll -- and you have NOT ruined her, you just love her (and those sweet little girls!)